torsdag 29. juli 2010

Fly Fishing Madness

So it all started with a $65 fly fishing rod about three weeks ago. A friend from work bought one on sale, and I figured it was too cheap not to buy one for my self as well. We decided to go to a free casting class run by the local fishing store. "Finally a cheap hobby" I figured, but that was soon to be proven wrong. When we arrived at our first casting lesson the "teacher" taught us the basics, and both my friend and I learned pretty quickly and could move on to some more fun stuff shortly after. At the end of the session he showed us some damn nice Sage rods and reels, and I was like "man, this is gonna cost me so much more than I thought". For two days I couldn't think about anything but that damn rod. I gave in and took the next bus to the fishing store and spent fucking $1 600 on fishing and camping gear. But whatever, I've already spent ten times that on camera gear, so what the hell right. At least it's a healthy hobby compared to just sitting on the Mac Book looking for more TV shows to download, right?

Seriously, my life just got so much better, and I haven't even tried fishing yet! But this weekend the waiting is finally over. I feel so ready to try casting on water instead of grass, and hopefully catch some nice trout instead of flowers!

So now I'm having the time of my life, sitting here listening to Robben Ford on Spotify planning the trip for the weekend. The destination is Brokke - Suleskar in Valle, Norway. The water temperature is perfect up there, almost no wind and the weather is not too bad either!

Tomorrow I'm only gonna work from 07:00-12:00 and leave for Brokke right after. All the gear is already packed, and I'm not gonna be able to sleep for a minute tonight.

The camera will of course join me on this trip, so expect another blog post on Monday ;-





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar