I barely slept Thursday night because I was way too stoked on the trip to Brokke on Friday. The weather forecast was great, everything was planned and the gear was already packed. The five hours of work that day must have been the longest five hours of my life. But as soon as those five long hours was over I jumped on my bicycle and pedaled like I've never pedaled before! Not long after I got home my fishing buddy Finn Willy picked me up and we were finally on our way to our first real fishing trip. This was gonna be great.
First we stopped by the local fishing store Jakt & Friluft to get a few things as well as a map with all the best locations on it. As we got closer the weather just got better and better, the sky seemed to clear up and it was no doubt this was gonna be the trip of our lives. We found the gas station where we could by our fishing licenses without any difficulties, and was told the way from there. As we started driving up the mountain, dark clouds started surrounding us. After a ten minute drive from the gas station is was pretty damn dark and windy as hell. This was not what we had in mind at all. It was about 9 o'clock when we arrived at our destination, and we had to hurry to be able to find a spot to put up our tent before nightfall. It wasn't easy to find a place when it was this windy, but we finally found a place and was able to get it up right before dark. We slept for about 4 hours that night, and when we woke up it was even more clouds, just as windy and if that wasn't enough it had started raining as well. DAMN! But we had not travelled this far to sit in the tent all day being pissed off, so we went outside, mounted our rods and climbed the highest mountain surrounding the lake to see if we could find anywhere not too windy. We were actually able to find a few spots where we could see a couple trouts feeding on insects on the surface. We went there, took a few shots at them and the wind suddenly turned and it was now hopeless once again. This continued all day, we found a quiet place, went there, and the wind decided to turn not long after. I had one fish taste my fly three times and another one twice, but I never managed to hook it.
Pretty much the same thing happened on Sunday, so we decided to hit the road after waiting for the wind to calm for a few hours.
All in all it was a great trip and a great experience despite the bad weather, and as soon as I was back home all I wanted was to get up there again.
So now I'm trying to find someone to travel with next weekend, and to find a place to go where the weather is a bit more safe.